INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMETRICS USING STATA
AIms of the course
The objective of this course is to provide the basic knowledge in econometrics and prepare participants for empirical work in economics. This one-week school (5 days) gives the opportunity to consider actual economic data to test economic theories with a direct application in Stata. The course is interactive and includes both a theory review and computer practical sessions using Stata. Within practical sessions, real data econometric issues will be covered using both cross-sectional and time series data.
- Simple regression analysis
- Properties of OLS estimators and hypothesis testing
- Multiple regression analysis: estimation and statistical inference
- Multiple regression analysis: multicollinearity, dummy variables and instrumental variables
- Heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation
- Model selection: criteria and test
Upon completion of the course it is expected that the student is able:
To apply the classical regression model to cross-sectional and time-series data.
- assumptions required in the application of classical regression model
- reasons for expecting violations of these assumptions in certain circumstance
- tests for violations
- potential remedial measures.
To competently use presented econometric methods to quantify economic relations using Stata in simple applications.